You are here
Instructions for Attendees
July 31st-August 1st, 2012, 8:30am to 4:15pm each day(you can participate in optional activities on the evening of July 31st)
Kempenfelt Conference Centre
3722 Fairway Road
For map/directions and facilities info, please visit the website: www.kempenfelt.com
Please note that if you have questions or requests about food or lodgings, please contact us at Smarter Science directly and not the Kempenfelt Conference Centre. Thank you.
A Few Things You Should Know And Bring With You
IMPORTANT: If you haven't already done so, please let me know if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
Monday, July 30th:
You may check in to your room at the main desk at the CTMC building anytime after 3pm. Please note that your early arrival ticket does not include dinner on Monday evening - you will need to go off-site for this. A full breakfast the next morning is included in your ticket.
Tuesday, July 31st:
- Staying overnight on Tuesday
You may check in to your room at the main deskat theCTMC building before the 8:30am plenary, at break orlunch time.
- Day attendee
Please proceed directly to Centre Hall (lower level) in the CTMC building to register.
There will be muffins/pastries and beverages available.
- Monday, July 30th: there will be early registration available between 7:00pm and 9:00pm in the CTMC building, on the lower level, outside Centre Hall.
- Tuesday, July 31st:there will be registration available between 7:30 am and 9:30 am in the CTMC building, on the lower level, outside Centre Hall.
To help us better assess interest levels,if you haven't already done so, please go to http://ibtb32012.sched.org/toindicate which sessions you may be interested in attending.
Bring With You
- There is Wifi available so feel free to bring your laptop. Youth Science Canada is kindly making Blackberry Playbooks available to everyone to sign out for the duration of the event.
- This is a fabulous networking opportunity - if you have business cards, please bring them with you.
- Please also remember to bring sunscreen and insect repellant with you.
- The beach is a pebble beach vs. a sandy one, so have appropriate footwear with you.
- This isBYOB - alcoholic beverages are permitted in certain locations on the conference centre grounds.
If you have any questions, please ask anyone in a black Smarter Science tshirt . We look forward to seeing you there!